Monday, July 28, 2014

Review of "Applied Economics, Thinking beyond stage one".

Hello,


Recently I read the book, " Applied Economics, Thinking beyond stage one."  by Thomas Sowell. I enjoyed reading this book and this was by far the book I read in short time.

I learnt a lot, it has lot of examples of real historical situations. Since, I wasn't born during the Soviet Union period I got to learn about its economy from here. One of the most influential topic for me was chapter 2: Free and un-free labor and chapter 5: Risky Business.
Chapter 2 gave me idea of labor around the world, and productivity. Minimum wage and big industries shifting their production companies to lower wage nations.

While on Chapter 5: The book has lot of information to give. From insurance company to pay-checks. It explains the risk some industries and government faces.


This book helped me gain insights about economic world and definitely think beyond the stage one. I would recommend this book to an economics undergrad or anyone interest about economics.


(Cover of the book, image from amazon.com)

The book is available on amazon. (LINK)





No comments:

Post a Comment