Sunday, January 22, 2017

Study Abroad in Thailand


Thailand is not only one of the most beautiful places in the world; it is also rich in culture, history and tradition. There is so much room for personal enrichment learning about different lifestyles, seeing a diverse landscapes, and meeting new people. Thailand lives up to its nickname as the land of smiles. 


Thai temple

The people of Thailand are the most tolerant humans I have ever come across. Every year, thousands of people visit Thailand and trust me, by now they are tired of tourists who just come to party. However, they still smile pleasantly and patiently try to understand you, even if you do not speak Thai. 

While I was in the middle of my study abroad t, the country lost their longest reigning king. The entire country was engulfed in sorrow, and personally it was humbling experience to see the people’s love towards their state. Thai people do not have as much prosperity as us, but their gratitude towards their government was humbling to me. We criticize our government all the time, but there I learnt to appreciate what we have. 

White temple, Chaing Rai


Lastly, Thailand is such an international hub that I am grateful for the memories of all the people I got to meet and whose cultures I got to learn about. The best way to know your exchange was successful is when your German friends start using West Coast slang like “Hella”. As I gathered all these memories, I realized that these experiences were more valuable than any material possession.




Bangkok's skyline


old 13th century ruins from Cambodia

No comments:

Post a Comment