Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Classes and Projects

This year I took some interesting classes and completed group projects. I dreaded group projects but this year I had awesome team members with whom I enjoyed working. For the first time I felt the collective effort was higher than single persons, I felt the synergy! 

Besides that, the classes I took were
Econ 382: It is an econometrics class where my team did a research project on public Golf courses of Seattle and their winter fees. 
I learnt a great deal in this class and ended up liking the software Eviews we used for data analysis. 

Econ 472: International Macro-economics
It was an interesting class where I learnt a great deal about international trade and foreign exchange. Our professor also made us read The Wall Street Journal article, which helped me apply my theoretical economics knowledge towards the events happening in the world. 
The final presentation of this class was about crisis in various countries. I choose the Argentina 2014 crisis. We had to collect data and analyze their crisis using the MundellFleming model.  (I also learnt that if a country has extremely high nominal interest rate, something might be fishy!)


I also found a saying: "Economicst: They do it with models." Funny yet true! 

~

Ciao 

No comments:

Post a Comment